Most calls from the 2014 budget are open for submissions as of 11th December, with more to follow over the course of 2014. Calls in the 2014 budget alone are worth around €7.8 billion, with funding focused on the three key pillars of Horizon 2020:
· Excellence in Science: Around €3 billion, including €1.7 billion for grants from the European Research Council for top scientists and €800 million for younger researchers.
· Industrial Leadership: €1.8 billion to support Europe's industrial leadership and advanced manufacturing.
· Societal challenges: €2.8 billion for innovative projects addressing Europe’s key societal challenges: HEALTH; agriculture, bioeconomy; energy; transport; climate action, environment, security.
Some of the calls which may be of interest to the Nephrology community are as following:
Deadline: 21 April 2015
* PHC-15-2015: Clinical research on regenerative medicine
* PHC-21-2015: Advancing active and healthy ageing with ICT: Early risk detection and intervention
* PHC-25-2015: Advanced ICT systems and services for integrated care
* PHC-27-2015: Self-management of health and disease and patient empowerment supported by ICT
* PHC-30-2015: Digital representation of health data to improve disease diagnosis and treatment
* PHC-28-2015: Self management of health and disease and decision support systems based on predictive computer modelling used by the patient him or herself
More information on the calls can be found on the EU dedicated portal for H2020 at: http://ec.europa.eu/research/participants/docs/h2020-funding-guide/index_en.htm